Anjana beneficial in eye diseases, is a Procedure of applying medicinal pastes powders to the inner side of lower lids. The meaning of word Anjana is “that which spreads in the eye ”.
Method Of Application
- Fill anjana shalaka with Anjana medicine is held in Rt hand
- Apply from inner canthus to outer canthus or outer to inner side to the inner aspect of lower eyelids.
- Should not be excessive in kaninika or apanga
- Use the Lt hand to stretch the eye
- Apply by fingertips, if only to the lids
- Do not wash immediately, even if irritation present
- Wash the eye with water, only after complete drainage of tears and doshas
- If irritation persists, after prakshalana apply pratyanjana
- Dilute the medicine with water or honey, in case of applying Lekhananjana and then
- All types of eye diseases
- Refractive error
- Blurred vision
- Diminished vision
- Age related macular degeneration
Medicines For Anjana Therapy
- Kokila Varthi
- Nayana Sukha Varthi
- Gairikadi Gutikanjana
- Pathyadi Varthi
- Triphaladi Rasakriya
Again it is equally important to know the complications also.